Thursday, August 28, 2008

"You don't get a kiss for that!"

In Primary last Sunday Jo's class, Sunbeams got to do sharing time on Repentance. They all got to pretend to make a bad choice and then the primary will tell them that is was bad with a thumbs down and then the sunbeam had to say sorry (repent) and then fix it or make a good choice. 
THE KIDS LOVED IT!
So Jo was playing with her teacher and the teacher had a toy and Jo ripped it out of her hands and then laughed. (She didn't need any coaching on this one) It was really funny but kind of cute. Then she said sorry....yada yada

So since that day we have been focusing on making good choices. So far, now it's ony Thurs. but we have only had 2 bad choices made which are at bedtime or way past it. I am so excited that we may have found something that works for her.

SO she is funny... When we do something she likes she says "You get a kiss or that!" and plants one on us. It is soo cute well last night she was delaying bed time by stating to say she saw ghosts. I was like whatever I will show you a ghost so I started making the" oohh ooohh boo" sound. She said , MOM, You don't get a kiss for that!" SOO FUNNY

Wish us luck with our new discipline plan she is very "Strong willed" hehe! :)


8 comments:

Marissa said...

So cute!
Don't you love it when you find something that works, even if just for a short time. I hope this one sticks though.

JethRobyn said...

Not as excited for that figuring out discipline stuff!! That sounds like a good plan though. Jo is a cutie pie. I'm amazed at the things kids can pick up like her saying that!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is just like her MOM!:))

Remember when your parents told their kid "I hope you have a child just like you" (the curse really work :-)

Bonnie said...

That is so funny! Jo sure is smart:)

Melissa said...

hahaha!! such a cutie!

Emma said...

I am having a girl and I am due on Oct tenth. I am very much looking forward to the days when she talks back to me and gives me all the attitude I gave to everyone! I love all the funny things kids say! And as much as you must get sick of hearing this, I love that your little girl is just like you! She is adorable!

Rich and Crys said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie-pie!!! I can't believe she's in school already... WOW! I personally LOVE her outfit for her first day of school. She looks so sweet! She says the funniest things! Are you writing them all down in a notebook? And Imust say, Ryker looks dazzling in the purple dress. Can't wait to see your made-over rooms! Hurry up and post some pictures! :) Love you guys!

Unknown said...

So funny! don't you just love the funny little things that they come up with? I love the primary lesson, was it a sharing time? hmmmm, good idea, to bad it isn'nt my month for sharing time.