Saturday, March 1, 2008

SERVICE PROJECT and MENTORS

Hey All

I hope you are doing well. I am looking forward to a nice day tomorrow as is Jim. I am with MARAN no more snow please!!!! I want to play at the park too and ride bikes, and just be outside in the sunshine.

So besides loving my job, being busy, prepping for a CHEM test Monday, being a mom and the responsibilities that come with that I am loving life and that it's the weekend! However, I am still working so I need some advice and some volunteers...

1st of all I need mentors for my Orem Junior High kids. I have 7 kids who needs mentors. A mentor is someone who wants to dedicate 30mins-2 hours of their week to a youth ager 12-14. If you are interested or want to more let me know...

ALSO...
I am in a bit of a bind...
I have only 2 weeks from tomorrow to get a HUGE Service Project together for my Afterschool kids. There will be about 40-60 of them and it has to be done at the school. ANY IDEAS would be much appreciated as I know you all have awesome advice.

I wish you all a nice weekend.. get out and enjoy the rays, I know I will.

1 comment:

nate and marne said...

Here is the recipe


Ingredients
# 1 1/2 cups spicy sausage ( I just use italian sausage and forget the spicy)
# 2 medium potatoes , cut in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
# 3/4 cup onions , diced
# 6 slices bacon (or use bacon bits it saves some time)
# 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
# 2 cups kale leaves , cut in half, then sliced (I can never find Kale, ask the produce dude for a substitute)
# 2 tablespoons chicken base (I used a bouillon cube in the quart of water below)
# 1 quart water
# 1/3 cup heavy cream (I used a lot more, dont like it watery)
Directions

1.If sausage is in links, take out of wrapper (or slice).
2. Cook ground sausage, until done. Cook bacon and onion over medium heat, when bacon is crisp, take it out of the pan and leave the onion.
3.Add garlic to the onion, and cook 1 minute.
4.Add chicken base, water, and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes (or until potatoes are soft).
5. Crumble bacon.
6. Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream.
7. Simmer 4 minutes, then serve.