Saturday, March 1, 2008

GIVE SOMETHING BACK!!!!

WANT AN OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE?


I have tentatively scheduled a session at the Happy Factory in Orem for next Sat or one of the evenings if you can. If any of you don't know what this its a great service to children all over the world that was started in Cedar City Ut years ago check it out at www.happyfactory.org They take scraps of wood, from local cabinet shops and make make little toys cars for kids who don't have much.
So this is about service and I have booked a date for 7 adults to come and make the toys. I need people to run bandsaws, drill and sand the toys. Then I will take the toys to my school for their service project to dip in mineral oil and then assemble for one of the service projects.
If any of you in the area want to come join the fun I could use your help! This is an opportunity to give something back.

ALSO if any of you want to come help at Service Day St- Pattys day from 3-5 I need you there too.

We will be doing variety of projects hopefully. We are going to do the toys, make ABC books for Kids on The Move, tie a twin quilt for the hospitals and make some fleece ones where you just cut and tie, and we are going to hopefully help Mountainland Head Start out with coloring and cutting and laminating some of their projects for the teachers. I will also have Pizza there for dinner. So come play with us!

No comments: